School of Theology
March 16th – May 25th
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.
Our 10-week School of Theology will launch on Wednesday, March 16th, and will take place 6:30-8:30pm. See weekly schedule below.
The Forgotten Trinity – Reintroducing the Trinitarian Faith
Weekly teachings will coincide with reading assignments from the books “Jesus and the Undoing of Adam” by C. Baxter Kruger and “On the Incarnation” by Saint Athanasius, which we are asking students to purchase and bring to each session. We will be covering the following questions and topics:
- If you are someone who ever doubts whether God loves you AND likes you—unconditionally, no strings attached, regardless of what you have done, or do…this class is for you.
- If you resonate with this statement: “The Trinity is an abstract idea that I have never really understood and has never made a lot of sense to me”—this class is for you.
- If you are someone who hears testimonies or reads newsletters from missionaries and ministry leaders sharing stories of adventure, miracles, and a life that sounds way more meaningful and exciting than yours, and you are left wondering if what you are doing really matters at all—this class is for you.
- If you feel at times that you are not doing enough for God, or you desire for God to use you. You’ve done church programs, served, volunteered, and are left feeling burnt out. Or maybe you haven’t had time at all for those things because you are already too busy with work, raising a family, other responsibilities, and the thought of adding to it all sounds exhausting…this class is for you (probably without worrying about the homework though)
- If you have felt your anxiety increase over the past two years in the Covid pandemic…this class is for you.
- If it is difficult for you to identify with God as Father based on your own experiences or lack thereof with one or more of your parents or any other caretaker in your life…this class is for you.
- If you genuinely want to experience Jesus’ words “come to me you who labor and are heavy-laden and I will give you rest”—you want to experience that rest in your innermost being…this class is for you.
- If your heart groans when the gospel you often hear falls short of the extravagant love of God, but you don’t understand why nor have the language to put it into words…this class is for you.
- Wednesday, March 16 – Session 1
- Wednesday, March 23 – Session 2
- Wednesday, March 30 – Session 3
- Wednesday, April 6 – Session 4
- Wednesday, April 13 – Session 5
- Wednesday, April 20th – No Meeting, Reading break (*Simply Jesus week)
- Wednesday, April 27 – Session 6
- Wednesday, May 4 – Session 7
- Wednesday, May 11 – Session 8
- Wednesday, May 18 – Session 9
- Wednesday, May 25 – Session 10
Upon registering, please purchase the following two books before our first session.